Monday, May 29, 2006

No photo editing...just photos

Well, instead of editing pictures, I have spent time this weekend scanning slides. Here's a fun one.My father took this picture using the timer feature. Some friends visited and perhaps helped them move into the new place. My dad is the one not looking at the camera. My mom is holding my big brother Steve. This photo was taken in 1958.
Here's the Christmas Cards hanging up, with my brother in the foreground. Look at how stark everything is. Not much clutter. Posessions were harder to come by back then... no Target to have many interesting trinkets to tempt you to buy something cute that would end up in the donation bin 2 years later. Money was tight, and delights were simpler (I think)
Oh...and off to the right, catch a view of the TV antenna. B&W TV, with very few viewing options. I wonder if Captain Kangaroo was around back then? I remember it from my childhood.
I won't get to "me" in for about 3 or 4 more years; in the meantime, I am enjoying the photos of my young parents.

No comments: