Monday, May 22, 2006

My picture project



Here is the picture I have selected as my "picture project" to work on in Adobe Photoshop.
Here it is as I scanned it into my DiMAGE Scan Dual IV from Konica/Minolta. No adjustments other than the dust remover from the scanner. Bad Exposure, some scratches. Originally it looked a lot worse, but I cleaned up the slide with Undu photo care solution and some canned air. Looks like maybe there is still one small fiber I can remove, but I don't have time right now. I'll rescan tomorrow to see if I can get rid of that little scratch on my dad's head.
This is an early picture of my parents together, before they were married. Here's what I know and/or assume from other slides in this batch and what I know of their courtship. The picture was taken at a Six Fat Dutchmen concert in Rochester on New Year's Eve 1955. They were engaged and planning to be married in the coming May. They knew each other less than six months. My mom had just turned 20 years old, my father was 25.

I won't get a chance to play before Tuesday night, but I wanted to get my candidate out here for you all see!!

No comments: