Thursday, May 10, 2007

Self Improvement ... with more thoughts

I found this link embedded in Ali Edwards' newsletter. The site is touting "Freedom From Self Improvement Day".

I am pondering. Some deep thoughts will emerge eventually. Perhaps I will post them.

But I am posting so you can read. And ponder.


UPDATE

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

That's what I think. Self Improvement is good, as long as you are trying to improve you (be a better you) and not be something you're not. Say that you have always loved to read and somehow you just haven't made time for it lately. Setting a goal to read 5x a week would be a good goal. If you don't really like reading, setting a goal to read 5x a week is stupid. Yeah, it could make you a better person, but it be being you?

The thing I like about the above quote is that is says "be a good one" not "act like a good one" or "your actions should show it" etc. It is a quote about being and about self improvement.

No comments: