Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Santa Cruz

On Monday (April 2) we didn't have firm plans. We thought about going into the city to ride cable cars, but decided to go to Santa Cruz, instead. I am so glad we did.




The boardwalk was open, but not busy.

Here are Margaret and Amelia "measuring up" to see what rides they could go on.



Here's a view of the old wooden roller coaster, The Giant Dipper, I think.



Here's a view of the beach from the sky ride.



The beach was sunny (cool breeze and cold water for sure).



We drove back on Highway 1 north to Half Moon Bay and then across to the San Mateo Bridge.

Pictures don't do this scenery justice, but here is a nice one.


Here are some Sea Lions we found lounging in the sun off of Pescadero Point.



Lovely day.

1 comment:

mindakms said...

Ahhh! Your pictures bring it all back. On this cold and blustery day I think I'll stay inside and look at my California scrapbook. Thanks for the direction!