Monday, April 09, 2007

Miscellaneous

Taxes are done. I just like to have them sit overnight before submitting. I'll likely get them in tomorrow. (Busy night tonight!)


And remember my post about my losing things? Well... I hvae found a bunch of stuff lately.


The work badge? Found in my second purse. I swear I had looked in it four or five times. Found it the day after getting my new badge.


The make-up? A victim of clutter and decluttering in my bedroom. I found it in a box next to my dresser where I had some old clothes collecting to give away. Found it four days after buying new make-up (Hey. I have two sets now!)


The gloves? I lost a nice pair of Land's End gloves my mom sent for Christmas. They were warm and lightweight. Perfect for cold April mornings. I lost them in the middle of March and was really bummed because I loved the color and the warmth and the good quality. I found them Thursday in a zippered pocket of my nice coat. I didn't even realize the pocket existed.


The gift certificate? I had a gift certificate to a nice meat market in Linden Hills. We meant to redeem it for various special occasions. Never could find it when I wanted it. I found it Friday in among my tax stuff. (taxes = money = gift certificates. I'm sure it made sense when I put it there). Charlie bought us some delicious, tender steaks for our easter dinner. (The certificate expired April 17, so I found it just in time!)


I really am trying to de-clutter, and the house is much, much better than it was a few years ago, but I still struggle with paper clutter. One of my daughters is a collector (you know what I mean if you have one), and it is hard to keep her collections from intertangling with mine. Which makes for an even more tangled mess.
20 minutes at a time (ala' Fly Lady) it is getting tamed. But I suspect it is just something I'll have to deal with forever.

No comments: