Saturday, April 14, 2007

Perfectionism

I didn't think I was a perfectionist scrapper. I was embracing the "you are perfect just the way you create" mantra. I was whipping out pages left and right. A little crooked? OK. Not exactly the right shade of blue? OK. A mistake in my hand journaling? OK.


Then came the baby album. I just started working on Amelia's "Baby Album". And perfectionism has reared its ugly head. This is a special album. Somehow it needs to be better and perfect.

Or so says the little voice in my head every time I start a page. "Oh. This is her first bath. It needs to be special" "Oh. This is her first smile. It needs to be special." "Oh. This is the first time I took pictures of her with carrots on her face. It needs to be special." Blah Blah Blah.


OK. On to other things.


Normally I don't like to share bookclub pages until bookclub, but I wanted to share my first "old paper" page. I like it. I have one other old paper idea in my head. Hey! Maybe I'll do another!

(Note to Minda...ok, I hear ya'. Yeah, I did cut out the stem and leaf freehand.)




And in the interest of equal time. Here is a page from Margaret's "Baby Book". I did this at CJ's, but don't think I had posted it yet.



Back to struggle with the little voice in my head...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done the baby thing...its the wedding stuff that scares me the most. Don't know what I am waiting for its only be 15 years!!

Bonita Rose said...

perfectionism.. i hate it.. i just scrap what i want when i want, and i never worry about the rest.. I do it for me just as much as i do it for my loved ones u know? hugs.. i'm with ya gf.. i'm with ya!

Anonymous said...

Love your pages! I totally agree with your perfect post. I don't do straight lines very well, so I'm okay that my lo's are not perfectly square. I just made a graduation album for my sitter who just got her bachelor's degree. Since it was a gift and most of her family would be here to see it, I was totally freaked out. I had this concept of an album she could finish but I had the hardest time not freaking out about it being perfect.
Emily
http://web.mac.com/stephen.hoadley/iWeb/Being%20More/Emily%27s%20Blog/Emily%27s%20Blog.html