Saturday, July 01, 2006

Saturday

The day started like most Saturdays...with pancakes.

After that we played some Phase 10 (a card game) and played Junior Scrabble with Amelia. We have owned it for some time, and have played around with it, but this was our first time playing it by the "rules" and it was quite enjoyable. I had to make a few substitute tiles (thank goodness for chipboard and scanners...I made them to match the others!) Amelia won. I think it the first time she has sat down and played a game with us. All other games had numbers. This one is just letters. Maybe that was the trick?

This afternoon we went to the beach with friends. The girls hadn't wanted to go. I dare say they enjoyed it after all! Margaret got very brave jupming off the little docks they have in the water, and not freaking out when her face went under once!

Then we played some card games. Here's Margaret with one card left, ready to win at Crazy Eights. (The card in her hand is an Eight, and she played it with great relish and arms flung up in victory at her next turn. In this picture she knows she is going to win on her next turn. See the look on her face?)

Then, this evening I went for a walk. Here's my count on various object I saw during my jaunt:

20 sprinklers. 12 of them actively working.
8 dogs.
1 cat.
3 Kiddie Pools.
7 different colors of lillies. (My favorite? This yellow one)

1 tire swing in a big cottonwood tree.

13 houses with "For Sale" signs.
3 of those with "sold" signs.

No comments: