Sunday, July 09, 2006

Another week of vacation!

Our odyssey over the past five days was about two things. Going to Beloit to help my mom move. Going to the family reunion (aka Weberfest).

First to Beloit. Here are the former denizens of the house on Nakoma Court. Sans my brother from Maine, Steve. Also missing...my father and step-brother, Jon, both deceased. We had to help my step-mom go through a few last items and get them to her new house in Milton. We had to take a photo in front of the for sale sign...just in case we don't all get there again.
Here's a shot that adds in the spouses and grandkids.



After two days in Beloit, we went up north of Wausau, Wisconsin, for Weberfest. The family that is re-unioning is the Weber family. One year we had a German theme and called it Weberfest. The name just stuck, and now the Weber family reunion is called this every year. A full day of boating and other northern Wisconsin lake activity was in order. Food. Fireworks. Photos. Campfire. More food.
Amelia in the motorboat.
Margaret in the motorboat.

This photo pretty much sums up the day on Saturday. Lots of water fun.


Here's the family (minus me!) in front of a goofy concrete beast that is part of a small Wisconsin town's folklore. This is the town where we spent the night on Saturday. Anyone know where it is?


All-in-all we had four nights in three different hotels, about 11 hours in the car, and ~ 250 pictures taken. (I let the kids take pictures at a few places. Always fun to see what they come up with!)

Just like last vacation, I missed my blog and would have had plenty to write each night. Now I'm just tired and dried out (being by the lake always does that to me) and the stories and deep thoughts I was thinking just aren't there.

We just reviewed our calendar for the week and it is empty except for standing items: house group on Wednesday night, golf and volleyball on Tuesday. And no plans for the coming weekend. It will be time to find that mole/vole that came to see me in the Bathroom upon our arrival home. I sure screeched at that. And my hubby knew the screech. It was my mouse screech. (We have had them in the house before). After descibing this mouse, however, we determined it was not a mouse. It was much too large and it was brown. I saw a vole/mole thing in the window well in my scraproom last week. I figured I didn't need to worry 'cause he was just outside. Oh well, now I do have to worry. Yuk. I didn't think I should have to worry about this in the big city. Now, if we had just built our house in a cornfield I would expect it.

2 comments:

mindakms said...

Dat der is the hodag in rhinelander don'tcha know!

nancy_scraps said...

We have a winner!!!! Yes, it is the Hodag from Rhinelander.

Read about it here:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/WIRHIhodag.html