Friday, July 28, 2006

Doodle on!

My apologies to my regular readers...It has been too long since I checked in. I tried yesterday, but blogger was not responding properly.

I finished a circle jounal recently. It was a "brag book" and we supposed to brag about something we are good at other than scrapbooking. I chose math. Here's the journaling page I made:



This is a picture of all the math books we have in the house. I included this on the opposing page.


Now, the base of this circle journal is a "Fairies" book that the owner of the journal found in a sale bin. On each page is a fairy drawing with some text on the opposite page. Everyone has just been covering up the fairies. After I finished my pages, I looked at the next two fairies and decided they fit with my theme. One looked like a very scared Fairy. The next fairy looked breezy and confident. I decided to incorporate those fairies by saying that the scared fairy was how MOST people looked at Math. The second fairy was how I looked at Math.

Then I decided to doodle around the fairies.

Here's some close-ups of the work so far. I will doodle some more before I hand it in...but this gives you a good idea of the start.

So...I added that I am good at doodling. Maybe not great, but certainly good. And it's fun!

Be sure to doodle some today..and if you are at work, remember that it's cool to include those doodle scraps on your pages now. Take them home and put them on a "Book of Me" page! I know I will.

1 comment:

mindakms said...

I saw your pages in the book this weekend and LOVED them! I didn't realize how FRESH they were, hot off the press so to speak. Very cool font and journaling and then the doodling to balance out the SQUARENESS of loving Math!