Saturday, June 03, 2006

Minnehaha Falls

We went to Minnehaha park today! We drive by the park every day on our way to church, we thought it would be fun to actually stop in and play and see the falls.









First, we went to Dairy Queen...
Amelia being cool in front of the Dairy Queen. Margaret loving the camera.
Then, we went to the base of the falls.
Here are the girls in front of the falls. The standard tourist shot.

Then, we walked along the creek towards the Mississippi River. We didn't go all the way, as we weren't prepared, (ie. the correct shoes), but we had fun hiking through the forest. Here's some shots taken along the walk.

Margaret in the swimming hole.

Pretty little flowers.

And here is Charlie taking a picture. That means you can see me :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea What a wonderful thing to be able to do on a beautiful day. Glad to see you are in a picture as well. I need to include this on my list of field trips I want to take with my girls this summer. I actually have a list so we won't waste any of my days off without soccer. what an idea.

Bonita Rose said...

looks like u had a great time at the park... we live in anoka, not that far!
I love that park, so many great photo opps!