Monday, June 26, 2006

BasicGrey Shrine

I scored an awesome piece of scraproom furniture at lunch today at the local scrapbook store. It was an Anna Griffin product display. Forty plastic racks for 12x12 paper in the lower section, a piece of pegboard about 3x4 on top. All housed in a nice white laminated structure.

And a place to put a title at the top. Hmmm. Perhaps a name for my room? Or a quote? Hmmmm. The color scheme for my room is SEI Serendipity. Perhaps I should write "Serendipity to all who enter here" at the top. I kind of wanted to put that on my scraproom wall, but was a bit daunted by the scale. This might be an easier thing to do.

When I get it home tonight, I will be turning it into my BasicGrey shrine. Unfortunately, I will need my hubby's help to get it downstairs. Then he will know.

Here is the bottom half of the display, in its home.


However, we have a problem here...
See the height of the top piece my husband is working on? See the distance from the top of the bottom piece with all the shelves to the bottom of the underhang (painted green)? See the problem?

Dear hubby (best husband in the world...I don't care what Minda says!) is working to get the top off, and hopefully reattach the crown molding at a lower level so it can still have the beautiful top and fit under the ductwork.

Keep your fingers crossed....

4 comments:

Marcy said...

I know what piece you are talking about and you are right - EXCELLENT SCORE!!! You must, must, must put that quote at the top. Maybe you should have all of your scrapbooking girlfriends come over and help you get it downstairs without hubby!! :)

mindakms said...

Just in case anyone takes Nancy's comment to mean that I don't think her husband is worth the paper he's printed on, what she MEANS is that I KNOW that MY husband is the BEST! Its not her husband's fault. There is nothing he can do about it. Mine just ROCKS!

nancy_scraps said...

Minda,
Glad that you interpreted that properly and that you clarified for me.

We are lucky to each be married to the best guy for each of us, eh?

Anonymous said...

Nice piece of furniture...glad it went to a good home!!
Susan