Sunday, June 24, 2007

What's your color?

A friend gave me the book "Visual Chronicles" this weekend. It is a "no-fear guide to creating art journals, creative manifestos and altered books" She wasn't being inspired by it, and I thought it was totally cool.

The first chapter talks about color. The assignment is to " Start with a person, someone important in your life: What colors come to mind when you imagine this
person?"

So instead of this column being personal about me, it will be personal about you, my readers. (Or perhaps they are imagined readers in some cases.)


Minda: A spicy nutmeg roast. Browny-orange with lots of depth and energy.

Lisa: A deep red. Thoughtful, spicy and sexy with a bit of mystery.

Erin: Bright golden yellow. Youth and energy and growth all together.

Susan: Pink. Can't say much else. It just seems to be a color made for you.

Kate: Green. A rainbow of greens. Growth and stability.

Martha: Brown. Brown with every color in it. You are an enigma to me.

Nicole: Olive green and Deep sky blue. Honest as all outdoors.

Michelle: A palette of blues. Stable and optimistic.

Vicki: Well, I have never really been to Texas, but the colors of Texas are what I think of for you. Sand and Terra cotta, Dusty Green, Deep Blue Sky.

Marcy: You are changing colors. I think perhaps you were a dark and murky orange, but you are emerging to a bright orangeish yellow, ready to take on the new world!

Two of you I am having trouble with the color. That would be Linda and Bonnie. I think it's because I know you both are very different deep down than you appear upon first meeting. I know you more than first meeting, but not deep down. So my crystal ball is cloudy right now. :-)

***Update...I thought of colors for Bonnie. Black and Flowers. Ok...black because her blog is black so I really associate that with her. Plus I think she was wearing black the first time I met her. (Nothing sinister or depressing) And then flowers, which I know really isn't a color, but there always seems to be flowers on her blog. Plus, when I did a weekend retreat with her, she was surrounded with flowers (and used them on almost every page!).

So...there's my psycho-analysis of you for today. Of course, we bring our own lens everywhere. Who's to say the colors above won't change as I change? Really it is about me?

Off to crop!

6 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

very interesting post Nancy.. loved reading it.. I have that book too. and yes I agree, it's so inspiring on so many levels.. glad u got a copy! Re giving me a color.. LOL it's quite alright, guess it just means we should spend more time together huh? LOL I think it's kinda funny u put me and Linda kinda together, we're worlds apart on so many levels.. LOL
great post though, loved reading it.. hugs

Michelle said...

Hi Ms. Nancy. That book sound interesting. Always enjoy seeing how one book can be inspiring to one person and not to the next. It sounds like there's a lot of ways to interpret that. Thanks for the compliment by the way! Michelle.

Nicole said...

So cool of you to do this! Yes, I read your blog (and some times comment!). It's always interesting to hear what someone else thinks of you. Glad to know it wasn't something bad - or at least - I'm not taking it that way. Plus - I love those colors - green is something I always choose when buying something! I'd love to take a look at this book when you're done, if you're into lending things out.

mindakms said...

oh i like my colors! yeah!

Suzy said...

Hey I am here in the back row.....lol

Anonymous said...

Yea for me! I was wondering what you came up with for me. I am glad it is pink. It should have been that or orange. I always think pink is a happy color, and if I am wearing pink it always makes me happy. (orange has that effect on me as well) I t hink what you came up for others fit them well also. I always say in my next life I am going to be a color namer. I am always fascinated by the names of the different colors. I may have to look for this book. Thanks for a smile...Susan