Thursday, June 28, 2007

We're all in this together.



Sing it now! Sing it Long! Sing it again! Sing it in your brain for hours after you leave!


I went to High School Musical at the Children's Theater this evening. For those who don't know the background, Disney made this movie, direct to DVD, and is marketing it to the skys amongst the pre-teen set. I had heard none of the songs, didn't know the plot. Had only heard "Grease" starting to market itself as "The orignial High School Musical"

The opening scene and music is ripped straight out of Grease. Then they do something a bit more wholesome with the whole thing. Jocks v. Brains v.Drama club. Build up the tension. Get the star of the basketball team to try out for the musical and suddenly everyone is singing about soaring and flying and breaking all the molds and doing what they've always wanted to do.

And sing it again. We're all in this together.

It was an excellent production. Just a sweet predictable ending, but he music was fun, fun, fun!

Now I need to go buy tickets to take Amelia. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH!! I am so excited. I am surprising my girls with tickets for July 3rd. So can't wait. BOth giles know the movie , the songs and the dances by heart. I am so glad the 15 year old isn't TOO old for some Dinsey love!! So glad you enjoyed it. Susan

mindakms said...

Tag, you are it! CHeck out my blog for details!