Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm LOSING IT!!!!

Yet another health incentive program started at work today. This time instead of winning towels or tote bags or water bottles, we get to earn MONEY! hey...what's with that. Up to $100.

It includes a "big Loser" contest (in teams), education, fitness classes, and walking groups. I signed up, of course. I want to get back to a size 14. I want to not cringe at every picture I see of me because I "look fat". I'd like to look good in jeans again.

Ok. Those things are easy to say. And they are all about looks. I think I could use some better incentive than that! So I look deeper. What are the benefits of exercise, eating better, and losing weight? I don' t have a blood pressure or cholesterol problem (Thanks Gram!). What is the motivation?
To be a healthy role model for my daughters (around food and exercise)
To have a chance at getting off of some of my medication
To make sure Osteoporsis is not a part of my future.
To have more energy to be able to keep up with the two girls.

The question is, are those good enough reasons to part with sloth and cookies? We'll see...

I'm losing it.

No comments: