Tuesday, March 28, 2006

BasicGrey....Mmmmmmm

Apologies to my friend Minda, who is on a scrapbook supply sabbatical. She may want to stop reading now...

I am officially the last BasicGrey fan to have the new paper. I was waiting for my favorite local store to have it...and it came in today. I want to go home and play now...instead of being at work.

Chipboard tags and monogram, rub-ons, Mmmmmmmmm. The Urban Couture line is just about the coolest paper line I have ever seen. Paisleys and feathers and flourishes. Yummy browns, reds, greens, blues and just the right yellow mixed in.



http://www.basicgrey.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=42&page=1


It makes me want to go out and take some pictures, too. Pictures of the city, as the name suggests. The straight lines of buildings, bricks, windows, and doors. The browns and greys of building materials. The dullness of gutters and streets with years of dirt and grit and litter. The flourishes of neon and people walking by. The lighting at dusk, when the suns' rays reflect off the the walls of the concrete jungle.

...but also pictures of nature. The browns and greens and blues of the woods and the prairie skies. The cozy colors of a forrested glen in the fall (oops...wrong time of the year for that). Bird nests and marshes and animal homes. The spring green of buds against the brown grasses.

Mmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Yummmmmm..... It is all so yummy. In addition to the Basic Grey, the new Distress Ink colors are in. Yummmmmmy. I left the store a very happy girl!