Monday, March 20, 2006

Change

I've been in class all day at work. A large section of the class was on Change Management. We discussed how people don't like change, the phases of change and people's reaction to it.

I liked this quote...which was attributed to no one.


"It's not so much that we're afraid of change, or so in love with the old ways, but it's the place in between we fear... it's like being in between trapezes...there's nothing to hold onto."


Posts may be small this week...I'll be in training at work all week and my hubby is out of town. Single momming it really stinks.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

I LOVE this quote! It is so true. I am in a Leadership Development Class tomorrow titled "Conflict to Collaboration". I will have to keep my eyes and ears open for a pithy maxim from my training.

Thanks for visiting my post! I didn't know that you had one and am so excited!

Marcy

Marcy said...

Will you turn on the feature for me to backlink to your blog? I love that quote!

nancy_scraps said...

Marcy...Do I know how to do this? I have taken no time to figure out how to do anything on my blog except post words.

Marcy said...

I think that this should do it.

1) Log in and select "change settings".
2) Click on the "Settings" tab
3) Select "Comments" at the top
4) Click the radio button of Backlinks - Show
5) Select "New Posts Have Backlinks" on the setting Backlinks Default for Posts