Tuesday, March 07, 2006

40 Days of Purpose

Our church www.messiahepiscopal.org is doing "40 days of Purpose" during Lent. It is a program set up by Rick Warren of some big church in California to work through his prepositions in "The Purpose Driven Life".

I went into this with a not so great attitude, because I had some disagreements in some of the detail in his first few chapters.

Now that I have seen the tape of his teaching, and seen the outline of the entire book, I am way more into this concept. I covered my journal for the 4o days with some pretty Basic Grey Paper (Motifica) . Fun to use some of my pretty paper in ways that I will get to see a lot of it.


I also saw and good and not entirely unrelated quote today:


You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. -Anne Lamott, writer (1954- )


Hmmmmm

1 comment:

mindakms said...

Ooo, I LOVE that quote. So convicting!!! Two posts in one day...lady you are about to make my typepad people list!!!