Thursday, March 22, 2007

Losing it! (again)

I believe my last post on losing it was talking about weight. That was a good thing.


The last two weeks I have been on a rash of losing THINGS, however. It started with my work badge. Lost it for 3 days. Found it in an unusual place. Can't remember where I put it after that. Now it's lost again. For 4 more days. That's $7.

I also lost my make-up bag. I am not a make-up person, but I have a small bag with foundation, blush, shadow, liner and mascara that I keep with me at all times. I know I was wearing make-up on Saturday. Couldn't find the bag Sunday morning. Still can't find it. That's about $25 (I just use Cover Girl or other cheap makeup...nothing fancy there!)

I lost my nice Land's End fleece gloves. Perfect for this time of year...keeps the hands on the cold steering wheel from freezing. Crud! I really liked those.



This is all a little secret that, heretofore, only my husband knew. I am a scatterbrain. A smart scatterbrain, but scatterbrained to be sure. I blame my children. (ie pregnancy and childbirth) I am usually saved by my organizational and planning skills. Have a place for everything and have a calendar and you can counteract that knack for losing and forgetting things. We all learn to compensate for our weaknesses. Flylady helps a lot with keeping the clutter down, but I'm sure these items have fallen prey to the clutter that creeps in. sigh.

I have had a $5 reward on the table for two of these items (in case the kids had taken them and were playing with them), but they still haven't shown up. It just makes me MAD!!!!

On the other hand, I did find a gift certificate to Clancy's Meat Market that I had lost. That is worth $15. So I guess I'm only down about $17 now.

3 comments:

mindakms said...

Oh my, I'm an intelligent scatterbrain too! I think it partially comes from being too busy, because I notice it is worse when my schedule is full.

Flylady does help alot with this, but I can't totally hide it either!

Bonita Rose said...

u sound like my hubby, he's forgetful too.... lol

Marcy said...

*LOL* The term in our house is that we are certain that we put the item in a very "clever" place! I hope that they show up soon!