Tuesday, December 12, 2006

CHRISTmas is coming...

The girls were watching some Christmas Special with the typical greedy kid who "learns something about Christmas". In this case, the other character said "Christmas isn't about the presents. It's about the gifts we give with our hearts." Or some other such drivel. I got mad and said loudly, "No it's not. It's about Jesus." Amelia replied, "Well, yes mom, for Christians it is." From the mouths of babes... Those of us who are frustrated by the fact Christmas has been "stolen" from Jesus and given to a society that doesn't understand it need to face the facts. It's gone. It has been for a long time. **sigh**

Anyway, not sure if this item below is really, really cute or not. I'm really not sure how to react to it. I'll go with cute since my daughter wrote it. But maybe it's just sad. I really don't know.

I found this letter to Santa on my computer printer last night. Amelia did this without my help (or knowledge :-)). She can open word. Choose her font type, size, and color, and print. Sometimes she forgets the "h".



So...Season's Greetings. Happy Holidays. Peace on Earth. etc. Do you think Santa will be able to find a Bible?

1 comment:

mindakms said...

Awww! Tat is too sweet! And I tink the Bible Santa finds will be awesome!