Saturday, December 23, 2006

Angel Preparation

It's been a LONG time since I've cut out a pattern. I wasn't too certain when I started, but now that I am successfully done, I can say it wasn't so bad...except that all my scissors have been used on paper and are DULL. I remember the old days when I had a special scissors I used only for fabric. I remember giving Charlie a lecture about how they were my fabric scissors and he was to NEVER use them on paper. Man, that was ages ago. Right now I'd just be happy if the girls didn't run with scissors. (Just kiddding, but you know what I mean, eh?)



Sewing on the trim. By the way... my sewing machine ROCKS!!! It is from the 50s. My mom probably sewed me an angel costume on this one. I have a newer machine that is portable that I use for sewing on scrapbook pages. I still use this one to sew on fabric.



More sewing on the trim.


I'll post pictures of the complete costumes (and yes, they are complete) when I can get the girls into them complete with the wings and halos.

Oh.. and strep update..no one else seemed to get it today. We all felt chipper (including Margaret). Let's pray that holds on at least one more day!

No comments: