Monday, April 10, 2006

Egg Heads


So, how cute are these?!? I think the girls will love them...an activity for Friday when I'm home with them.

If you can't read the directions here they are... you take an egg shell and wash it out. Then decorate it like a face with paints or markers. Put some dirt and grass seed in the shell. Water and put in sun. After the grass sprouts, you can cut and style it as you wish. Plants other than grass would be cool, too.

Let me know if you try it, and send me pictures with your results!

I found this idea in the Parent and Child magazine from Scholastic. My day care provider gives this to us every month (along with the book order forms :-))

3 comments:

mindakms said...

Oh, these are cute! We are definately going to have to make this a homeschool project starting this week!

Anonymous said...

I hope my kids won't think they are too old for this fun!! Speaking of fun....run to target and get this fun bubble toy. It is a wand thing that you put a bubble solution in and you can wave it around and make these enormous bubbles. I think I was having more fun with this then the girls...or was it that I wasn't sharing very well...HMM...
have a good day and thanks for the idea! Susan

Marcy said...

How fun!! I will have to try this! That reminds me - I need to buy eggs to make Easter eggs, too!!