Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rub it on!

My bookclub book for March is on "Rub-ons". Jennifer McGuire's CK column in the March magazine was also about rub-ons. Between the two I was inspired to pull out my rub-ons and USE THEM.

I found most of the rub-ons in a drawer under my QuicKutz shelf. Mostly BasicGrey flourishes, but also some older rub-ons with words and phrases. Also some of the distressed look rub-ons. Also lots of flowers from various companies.

Then I remember that I had all my KI embellishments with my KI paper. I found some more rub-on flowers and alphabets there.

I likely have some rub-ons in my themed bins (i.e winter/Christmas, travel/summer/beach) and will leave them there.

I'm sure I also have some in my alphabet bins. I think I'll pull those out.

I know I have all my Making Memories and American Crafts alphabet rub-ons together.

Whew! That is a lot of rub-ons. And of course I bought more at the store the other day. Some beautiful Fancy Pants rub-ons with flourishes and hearts. Colored rub-ons... not just white or black.


I was inpsired by the Jenni Bowlin site to use an entire sheet of rub-on letters on a piece of paper and use that on a layout. I had this sheet of Autumn Leaves rub-on letters that was all the letters on one sheet, and they were really small. Like 20 point. I don't want to mess with all that. I did one word on the corner of the layout and then laid the rub-on sheet (with the missing letters) on a sheet of 5x7 patterned paper and covered the paper with letters. The rub-on sheet has plenty of letters left, but I feel like I utilized more than I would have with just rubbing on individual letters. And it turned out really cute. I'll have to get it posted later today.

I mean, if you have 40-50 sheets of rub-ons sitting around, it's a good idea to use them, eh?

Also...rub-ons don't add bulk... so they'll go great in those CM albums, eh?

No comments: