Monday, February 12, 2007

Another inconvenience

Well folks, I just found out that I get to try a gluten-free diet for a month or two to see if it helps me. I just cried when I found out. Not because I'll miss "normal" bread and pasta, not because of the extra time it will take, but because I was just so upset to hear I have another "chronic" condition that makes my life harder. At least that was the pity party I was having for myself that day.

But since then I've thought about the fact that I don't have cancer; I can walk, see, and hear. Then I thought about it even more... I have good cholesterol numbers. I don't have asthma or diabetes. I enjoy good health even though I have a couple of chronic conditions that require special care.

So what was that pity party for?

Yeah, it stinks. It won't be easy. I just realized I ate something for lunch that seemed ok, (wild rice soup..she thinks "Oh good. Rice, not noodles") and then realized that likely flour was used to thicken the cream. I even asked about the corn muffins they were serving and they did have wheat flour in them.

But good grief, it's not really worth getting super upset about. I'll deal with it. (But hey, if anyone out there is gluten-free and has some tips, I'll take them!)

2 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Oops, I screwed up my last post! Okay, now I'm ready! Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hopefully things will get better with the diet. I found this site http://www.gfcfdiet.com/ on Alli Edwards site for gluten free diets. Good luck!