Monday, February 19, 2007

From the Ridiculous to the Sublime

Some things have been bugging me lately.

First is the fact that I seem to be having lots of scrapping inspiriation...sans pictures.

Second is the fact that in my row of Creative Memories album on the top shelf, there is a gap between May 2001 and August 2002.

Third is the fact that I have three Creative Memories albums empty. I had bought one for regular chronological stuff and one for each of the girls' baby albums.

Since then, I haven't used CM albums. I like the quality quite a bit, but not the limitation on how thick and bumpy you can make the pages.

So... last night I pulled out the CM albums, the missing pictures, and decided to start filling the gap...


I even used some new paper I bought yesterday (new Paper Loft)! Wow! less than 8 hours on the shelf before being used. I like that.

I have so much beautiful patterned paper, I figure I can whip through these pages with minimal artistic fuss, focus on journaling (probably handwritten like all my CM albums). I have a trip to Albuquerque, New Jersey, and New York City to crop. Lots of pictures for each of these. Also the fact that my girls start this time period as 6 months old and just three.(meaning to say they are as cute as can be and I took LOTS of pictures of them to prove it!)

I will easily fill up three empty albums with these pictures. I'll probably do NYC as a separate mini-book since I went without the family. It seems to merit its own album (and you all know I have tons of smaller albums and ideas for smaller albums so I won't need to buy anything to make this happen).



On the other end, here is a page I did this weekend (sans picture, 'cause I need a good one of my sweetie for in here.) I totally ripped off Jenni Bowlin, but that's ok, that's why I buy her kits and look at the idea pages. I really love how this turned out!



I hope to keep on this scrapping spree that's happening at my house. Lovin' it!

No comments: