Friday, January 19, 2007

It's here...

My camera arrived yesterday! I had given Charlie instructions to open it up and charge the battery so I could play with it when I got home.

When I got home, I put on a lens from my "old" camera and took my first picture.

Ooops. Forgot to put in the memory card...so the first picture is lost.

Put in the memory and took about four pictures of the family minus me (didn't want to figure out the timer, yet)

Take the camera down to my computer to get the pictures off. Frustration. Frustration. The computer has recognized the new hardware, but I can't find it. I had to call tech support (Charlie) After he played around for ten minutes, he tried rebooting the computer (thank you Bill Gates) and now it works! Yeah!!!

Man, the pictures look good for just doing a point and shoot.

Now to upload on my blog. Aww rats. Blogger is still touchy from my home computer and I need to get going out to book club.

So....No pictures today. Sorry. I'll promise some this weekend.

I am so looking forward to being able to push and explore the camera without having to wait for pictures to come back. Remember that? You would write the exposures and all that info in a notebook. Take in the film. Get it back a day later. Then you could analyze and learn and try some new stuff. $12 per trial.

Now I can just go straight to the computer and download and look and learn. So cool. And there is so much more to learn about this camera. Wow. Instant Gratification. Ain't it grand?

I brought the manual to work and will be sneaking peeks at it all day.

No comments: