Wednesday, September 13, 2006

First Soccer Game

"I had fun mama!" She said to me without prompting on our way to the car after her first game. She played defense for two 5 minute periods (one of which she didn't understand she could move from her "spot", the other where she happily chased the ball all over the field) and forward for one 5 minute period.

"I want to play center next time." She said later this evening.


Here she is sprawled on the grass during one of the time periods when she was not playing.

And she crashed about half an hour early tonight with no prompting. Kindergarten AND soccer make for good sleeping when you're five.


And here is the non-soccer playing sister. There were dogs and friends there. She was happy and didn't miss being the one on the field at all!


I can see that taking pictures on the sidelines is a lot more fun than of the game. Oh..and I must have been the only new mom there...only one with a camera. I guess after the first game or two, you probably run out of things to take pictures of. Does it make me a scrapbooker that I'm glad we have green shirts and not bright pink or some other hard color to work with?

So...guess what? I am going to make my first soccer page this weekend!!! I can then say I am a complete scrapper. (oops..still need Disney pages, too, eh?)

Woo Hoo! I can justify buying some stuff. I can say I don't have a single soccer thing in my stash (unless I have some old Mrs. Grossman's soccer ball stickers where they came with a big pack I bought) Hmmmm...I wonder where I can get some good soccer ideas?

2 comments:

Seriously And Now said...

So fun Nancy..watching kids learn a sport is so much fun.

Oh and Crete Paper is in..the WHOLE line...and I LOVE it...I will be buying it all.

Linda
www.artsytartsy.com

Anonymous said...

so never was there a time when i said to myself growing up I want to be a soccer mom. but i am, hook line and sinker. its a fun game and hopefully you'll get lucky enough to meet a bunch of great people and they will become a part of your circle of friends (and you'll get to do fun trips)
its a fun time and a great sport...too bad we have a game this afternoon and I am going to be freezing my bu** off!! :)
Susan