Thursday, August 02, 2007

School Shopping

We went to Target tonight to get school supplies. I like going early so there is a better selection of backpacks.

I was a bit sad about one thing that happened. Margaret was so excited! She found a Hello Kitty backpack and matching lunch bag. (She's going to be in first grade... excited about the lunch at school thing) I don't know what happened when, but about 10 minutes later she put them back and said, "I don't want anyone thinking I'm a baby" and she picked out a plain purple backpack and lunch bag. I so wanted to make her get the "Hello Kitty" stuff, but knew I shouldn't. I was kind of sad about that. Peer pressure starts way too early (and I'll bet there are plenty of high school aged kids with Hello Kitty stuff, but she wouldn't believe me, I'm sure)

Amelia had a hard time choosing between the "High School Musical" backpack and the "High School Musical" book bag. She chose the book bag...which was good because it doesn't have a HUGE picture of Troy on it (just a smaller one).

We got all new pens and pencils and everything, even though we likely had some used at home. I like the feel of all new stuff when school starts. Charlie didn't understand.

School doesn't start for over a month, but at least we have that part done. Now on to school clothes shopping. Ick.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have a Hello Kitty backpack. And I'm pretty cool.

Bonita Rose said...

I'm doing shopping with my girls this week... school supplies shopping is fun!