Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tagged again!

This tag comes from Minda. Per my standard MO, I will not be tagging anyone else. Feel free to answer if you are so led!

This seems much harder than answering questions. Plus I think maybe I did this one once..maybe tagged by Scraploft?

1-post these rules
2-each person tagged must post 8 random(... hopefully interesting) facts about themselves
3-tags should write a blog post of these facts
4- at the end of the post 8 more bloggers are tagged and named
5-go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged

My ranDoM fActS:

1) I like to watch baseball on TV. I even recorded games at one point to watch off season (sad, I know). I am waiting for the last game before the all-star break tonight. I'd be willing to have a TV in my scrap room just for this. And I could record games to watch off season. You see, I don't really watch the games in any detail. I don't remember the scores, the inning, or even the teams sometimes. It's just a comforting background noise to me. I do remember watching a pitcher for the Cubs throwing a no-hitter once. During a day game. I remember his last name started with an S... now I'll have to look that up. I kept score during the Twins' world series games. I still have the score sheets. It's the only way i can pay attention to what's going on. I also keep score when I attend games.

2) We are trying to decide on whether to get a dog or not. I think about the mess and the cost and I say no. I think about the petting and the walking and the protection and how much Amelia would love one and I say yes. First I have to buy a new car and a new couch. (And why would I get a dog if I had a new couch? Another mark in the "no dog" column.) Oh. And we need to have the trim on the house painted. And the elm treated for dutch elm disease. Our neighbor across the street and one down just had one marked with the "ring of death". I'd hate to lose ours.

3) I grew up in a house a LOT like the one we have now. A small boulevard between the sidewalk and street with a big elm tree, a built in buffet, house built in 1920s.

4) I was terrified of tornadoes and lightning storms growing up. I was always afraid the lightning would hit the elm tree and the main branch would fall on my room. The main branch on our elm tree is right over our bedroom now. I don't even think about it falling on the house.

5) I love sitting in a tent or cabin in the rain. With no other noises except the bugs and the birds.

6) I am basically lazy. I am always willing to leave stuff for the last minute. Read #2 for examples. I can't believe I'm pre-approved on a loan for a new car and I haven't spent another moment looking for one or thinking about it. Except when I'm driving the piece of crud car I'm driving now. Then I think about it.

7) I just bought a Silhouette! I used the proceeds from the rummage sale at the local store to finance my new "digital craft cutter". Hah! I wasn't so lazy about picking that up, was I? I had it up and running within an hour after getting it home. We must have priorities here, eh?

8) I just hand wrote TWO letters this past weekend. To my Great Aunt and my Aunt. I think they both have e-mail addresses, but not sure how to find them out. Now I'm remembering that I didn't ask for their e-mail addresses or tell them mine. Well, that was silly, wasn't it? Handwriting a letter was weird. I used to do this fairly often? Not enough. I remember getting a letter from my dad every Wednesday when I was in college. He wrote me every Sunday night and I would get them on Wednesday. I think I didn't keep them. Very unlike me...and I wish I had them.

Tag to.... whoever wants to answer these. And now I have to go off and find out what 8 random facts I used last time I did this.

Enjoy the rain! I know I am.

No comments: