Monday, July 30, 2007

Harry Potter is in the House

Here's my layout on the recent Harry Potter release. I hope you all enjoyed reading it! I know I did. I'm going back and reading the older ones and I'm on Goblet of Fire right now. I love going back and tying in all the pieces after reading to the end! (I also love using this old Paper Loft paper with the book spines on it. I really do still love most of the old scrapbooking supplies I have. And it's fun to find something old and use it on a page!)



Here's the text of the journaling:

In July 2007, the final “Harry Potter” book came out. It was quite the to-do, with midnight parties and people reading into the wee hours of the morning. Charlie went out and bought the book on Saturday afternoon at 1pm. He finished at about 2am. I had started reading the previous book early that day, so when I got up on Sunday I was able to start “HP and the Deathly Hallows”. I finished at about 11pm.
I didn’t get into Harry Potter until I listened to the first book on tape. Then I was hooked! I finally started reading them when I was on a business trip to Singapore. I was in the hotel all weekend alone, so I bought the first and finished it, then the second, then the third! When I went back to Singapore a year later I was able to get the fourth book, but I still want to get the matching set (meaning I have to get the last three there). I like that I have the “British” version of the books. I don’t know if I’ll ever get to complete the set, but I certainly wasn’t going to wait for that to finish reading them!

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

U just gotta love Harry Potter! hugs