Sunday, November 26, 2006

A crafty weekend

I made my BasicGrey Stars this weekend. I finally decided on a liquid adhesive by 3M. I think it was in the tool kit from CKU. Here they are...all six of them.

Now in this shot you may notice the oddity of my stars... Some of them have nine points!

The kit came with nine pieces per page. You were supposed to use eight of them. I (as usual) skimmed through the directions briefly and forged ahead. And built my first star with nine points. When I was putting the ninth point in, I said to myself..."self, you could almost leave this last point out." Joke's on me, right?
I liked the nine-pointed stars so much, I made half with eight points, and half with nine. I didn't follow the assembly directions in the end, either. I made each point and then put together. The directions had you make one point, join the next piece and then make it into a point. I liked my way better.

So there.


I also started teaching the girls to knit this weekend (their request). It got me in the mood to knit, and I ended up with this!

Of course I'll finish it and its partner. I love knitting mittens...they go so fast. I remember the one sweater I knitted. It took FOREVER. Mittens are better. The girls don't like them, though...too itchy. Oh well. I'll just make 'em for me!

1 comment:

mindakms said...

I love your scrappy little attitude. You did it your way and they are oh, so cool!

Nice mittens, I'm almost ready for knitting season too!