Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend Musings

This weekend I drove East and South...to Beloit, Wisconsin. Once again, the views were beautiful...especially between Eau Claire and Tomah. In addition to the trees changing, the fields were gorgeous colors of brown and orange and amber. I only got a few pics since I was driving, but I can't get enough of the scenery, especially when a barn or silo is involved. I love the red barns...but love the weathered ones, too.


The reason for my solo trip to Beloit was a reunion for my high school church choir. We had a traveling choir and did good singing, had fun, and travelled the US. We were directed by The Rev. Paul Walker, and he retired this weekend. We had a grand party for him...complete with a short concert. All our old supporters came out to see us! It was great to see everyone...especially Paul. I had to snap a picture of him directing us...it was good to see his face from that perspective again.


He is actually moving to Rochester Minnesota. What a weird place to retire (less so if you're a Lutheran Pastor, I guess). Anyway...it was good to see everyone and I got to stay in my mom's new house...and put up her squngee. (Her house warming gift)

I missed my family (I'm such a weenie about that) It was good to read to the girls last night, and snuggle with them in their beds, and tell them stories, and feel them fall asleep while laying next to me. Mmmmm. Home.

No comments: