Monday, January 14, 2008

Wildcats in the House!

Well, I have allowed something I have always been dead set against. I let Amelia buy High School Musical sheets and comforter for her bed. In all the years of requests for Pooh, or Cinderella, or whoever, I was always able to say no. The whole idea of supporting that Disney machine by buying sheets or whatever was just an icky idea to me.

Someone must have pleaded just right, or I could tell it was something she would really appreciate, but I said "yes" this time. (Yep. Supporting that Disney Machine in a new and different way.)

I've been painting the girls bedroom and it took awhile to get them to decide on colors (they were going for gold with black dots for ahile.) As I was finishing up painting dots Amelia asked me, "Mom. How are we going to get the Wildcat Logo painted on the wall?" Um, "I wasn't planning on it, honey". Crying ensued. Mom held firm. I am not going to paint the High School Musical Wildcat logo on the wall. Having Troy and Gabriella peer at me from the comforter and pillow every day is discomforting enough. (Although, maybe a wildcat logo wouldn't be as bad as that)

Yep. Wildcats in the house!

No comments: