Monday, January 21, 2008

Orchestra

Here is Amelia with her violin. She had her first orchestra concert last Thursday. It was great to see her play with the group. Violin is a really tough instrument. You have to coordinate a lot of things to get a decent sound. Amelia is doing fine, but could do with a bit more practice, which I am discovering is as much about the parents as it is about her. Also the fact that homework can take her quite a bit of time also cuts into practice time. But I hope she sticks with it. It is bringing back so many great memories of when I started violin. In 4th grade. Just like Amelia.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

I still have nightmares of my cousin practicing her violin. Actually, her, my other cousin and myself used to do clarinet and violin trios. It was horrible! :)