Thursday, July 03, 2008

Kid update

Margaret is chattering about anything and everything. She is very observant of the world around her and is constantly sharing her thoughts and observations with us. She is counting down the days until we get to go to ValleyFair. She keeps talking about all the rides and which ones she wants to go on. I don't think she's ready for "Wild Thing" yet, but will ride most of the other rides there.

Amelia is on an astronomy kick right now. We got a small telescope that we will be taking to our trip out to the less inhabited areas of the UP. We should have some good star gazing. She is intrigued by the stories of the constellations. Most of them are greek mythology stories. I remember going through the Greek mythology stage. Very cool. When it comes to Valleyfair, Amelia..she has her thrill ride genes from me. I hope we can get her on the Mad Mouse and High Roller, but not sure she will go on much more than that, (Nor will I)


I haven't been good about sharing quotes from the kids. As they get older I guess they aren't as cute, but they say funny things nonetheless.

Last week Margaret was gone a good part of the day on a play date. Amelia's comment? "I had a great day. No little sister around to bug me."

3 comments:

scrappygal said...

cute pics :) Suddenly I have passed the time of thrill rides of being fun...now just a headache follows.

Michelle said...

Great update! I remember going through that same mythology stage, as did my mom. And the astronomy, too. For my tenth birthday, my mom took me and my friends out to a remote area where they had an observatory set up to see Halley's Comet and we got to see it! That was pretty cool...I remember feeling so special!

Bonita Rose said...

great pics, thks for the update!