Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Yes! Sometimes they get it!

Sometimes I worry about some of the things my kids are picking up from me.

Tonight Amelia said something that let me know we are on the right track in some areas. After finishing Math homework she asked, "Well, I have reading, but it's not due until Thursday. Should I do it tonight?" I said, "Well, let's look at it and see how long you think it will take".

With no further prompting from me she looked at it and said, "I think I should do these two pages tonight, and then I can do the last page tomorrow."

Yay! I think she's getting it!

2 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

Our children say the most adorable things! Happy Holidays to you Nancy! hugs

Cicada said...

Good for her! I hope I am able to help my girls get it when we get to that stage. Because I think it took me until college to get it-!

Loved your post about '5 minutes'...my phrase is "in a minute..." which mine have started to say when I tell them to do something they don't want to do! Little parrots.