Saturday, November 25, 2006

Warm Thanksgiving

Yesterday, our temperatures were in the 50s, and we took the girls to the Hyland Park recreation area, locally known as "Chutes and Ladders". Wow! It was glorious. I walked around the trails while Charlie sat and read a book and "watched" the girls. You gotta love it when they run off into the playset and wave...and you have to hunt them out an hour later.

I knew Margaret needed her bangs trimmed...this picture surely confirmed that (and will embarrass me into trimming her bangs)

Hyland Park is a huge winter recreation area for folks. They have a lighted sledding slope, lighted ski trails, and paved walking trails where they clear the snow. The park is all set up, ready for snow. I saw at least half a dozen folks out on the paved trails with their roller skis and poles...wishing for snow, I'm sure.
I thought these pics of the park ready for snow (especially the one with Margaret and her popsicle) were good.



I took this one, because I thought it might come in useful for a scrapbook page some day.

The dry, winter foliage was beautiful in its own way. The blue, blue sky and bight sun help with that.


No comments: