Sunday, September 03, 2006

Traingulate...Part Deux


See these three ladies? They are very popular scrapbook artists and celebrities. I read their blogs everyday. I used to think people who read blogs were just above stalkers. And by some of the comments people post, I'm not sure my thought is too far off.

Anyway, enough about that. You see...I now am going to act like I know these ladies. I ripped off the above picture from Donna Downey's Blog. These three ladies went to New Zealand and Australia to wow the scrappers there. I have had classes from two of these ladies, and actually cropped one evening with another.
Here's my 15 minutes of fame with these three gals...and our Traingluation for today.



The first one I met was Cathy Zielske. Makes sense, she lives in St. Paul. I met her first when she was invited (and showed!) to the first anniversary party of a cool scrapbook store in Savage called Artsy Tartsy. She said she had never been invited to a local store for something like that. Her friend teased her that she was "making it up", so that they might think she really was a celebrity, somewhere. Cathy's stock has gone up since then. Her blog has taken a million hits. I also met her at CKU (although I didn't take her class, then). The picture I show here shows Cathy and the bunch of us that bid $$$ to crop with her for a Red Cross Benefit at Scrapbooks Too! shortly after Hurricane Katrina. Obviously Cathy is a friend of mine.



The next gal I met? Ali Edwards. Here we are. If you know the cover of her first book, you'll understand the picture.
Anyway, I met Ali at CKU. I love her idea books; love her blog. Ali and Cathy have really added a lot of needed professional graphic artist talent to the scrapbooking pool. Ali has a son with Autism, lives in Oregon, and her husband is running for state congress. See? I am almost her best friend!



And here's my most recent "acquisition" of the three.. Donna Downey. Donna is not your ordinary scrapper. For one thing...she smokes. (At least she did at midnight after teaching five classes in one day). She went skydiving in Australia. She has a bleached blonde strip in her hair. She does scrapbooking segments for QVC. See? She is a great friend, too!



OK. I am done with my delusions. I don't really know any of these great ladies. I might think I do, but reading a blog does not give you the entire picture. As much as many folks would like to believe it, it ain't true. And they are as real with us as they can be (they tell us about bad days), but they aren't letting us in. They shouldn't. We're just voyeurs. Stalkers.

And what does that make you to me? Well...a friend. See. I'm not famous. I'm probably not any more real on my blog than these chicks, but you read my blog because you already know me. You read my blog to check in on me. You read my blog because you think I'm funny or smart or take great pictures (ok...maybe I'm stretching it, but I can hope, eh?) You don't read it to try to make such an insightful comment that maybe I'll notice you. You have a life.

Um...it's late. I'm rambling, and probably not very politely. I will have one more triangulation this weekend, and the last one is cool, not me just doing celebrity name dropping.

No comments: